Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Marzetti Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip {Review} #CleverVeggieDip


I love dip!

There, I said it. It's true, I definitely LOOOOVE dip. However, what I DON'T love are ALL the calories that are associated with most typical dips. More recently, I've discovered Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is rich in protein and low in fat. What I've learned is, Greek yogurt is not the typical "yogurt", that I've been accustomed to my entire life. Greek yogurt is strained yogurt, a natural straining technique that removes excess water, dissolved salts and sugars. The end result is a thick, creamy yogurt with more protein and less carbohydrates than common yogurt.

Marzetti, one of my favorite brands, recently introduced Otria, a unique line of Greek Yogurt Veggie Dips. Ummm, hello, genius!! So, what do you get when you combine the rich creamy texture of Greek yogurt and a wonderful blend of herbs and spices, an amazing line of dips that will satisfy my your dip craving. 

Marzetti Otria offers the following flavors:

Each serving of Marzetti's Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip only has 60 calories and also contains that important, Omega 3. Oh... and more importantly, it's gluten free. Bonus!

I recently had the opportunity to try Otria Spinach Artichoke Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip and I was happily surprised at the flavor. The herbs and spices were a nice compliment to the spinach and artichoke. This dip was quite creamy and rich in taste. This dip paired nicely with a variety of different veggies. It was also quite delicious with some pretzel thins and pita chips.

Here's another way to incorporate Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip into a recipe.

Spinach Artichoke Pizza

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:
3/4 cup Otria® Spinach Artichoke Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip
One 10 to 12 inch prepared pizza crust or homemade pizza crust
1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
1 cup canned artichoke hearts, cut into slivers
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously mist a pizza pan with non-stick vegetable oil spray.

Pre-bake pizza crust for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Baking times may vary depending upon type of pizza crust.

Spread Otria® Spinach Artichoke Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip onto hot crust. Top with spinach, artichokes, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese and pepper. Return pizza to oven for 5 to 7 minutes. Cut and serve.

ace and friends thoughts (our spin on the Spinach Artichoke Pizza

As I didn't have all the ingredients for the recipe, I used it as a guideline instead for a delicious lunchtime meal. I used a tortilla as the thin crust, added Otria Spinach Artichoke Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip as my "sauce" and then topped with spinach, red pepper, kalamata olives, artichoke and feta. Popped it in the oven for 5 minutes and immediately devoured  ate this directly out of the oven!

Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip will be a perfect appetizer for all of my upcoming holiday entertaining. I like the ability to serve it in a variety of ways. I look forward to trying other Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip flavors in the very near future!

Disclosure: I was one of the bloggers selected by T. Marzetti Company and Clever Girls Collective to host a Marzetti Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip review. They provided me with product to test and compensation for my time. However, my opinions are entirely my own.
Pin It

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I've tried the cucumber dill dip, but not the spinach artichoke. I'm glad you liked it. We'll have to try it sometime soon.

Gladys Parker said...

The Garden Herb Ranch sounds yummy! I didn't know Greek yogurt had low carbs, that is great news. I'll have to try the dip and the yogurt. Low carb diets need some yummy protein!
Gladys P

MsAngelasFinds said...

I would have never tried a dip with yogurt in it but you make this sound so tempting I think I will have to give it a whirl.
Angela Michels
lilsweeper76 at yahoo dot com