Tuesday, May 13, 2014

X-1 Audio Momentum Ultra-Light Sport Headphones {Review}

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.





As a gym enthusiast, I'm always looking for the latest and greatest technical gear to accommodate my workout. Fortunate for me, I came across what looks like an amazing, comfortable and gender specific headphone. 





About X-1 Audio
{source: x-1.com}

With humble beginnings as a graduate student project in southern California, H2O Audio evolved to X-1 Audio, quickly grew to become the foremost leader in waterproof, weatherproof and sweatproof headphones, cases and accessories for aquatic athletes. With over a decade of consistent technological innovation including 7 registered patents, the original waterproof sound company has evolved to the next level as X-1, providing audio solutions for a broad spectrum of athletes across many disciplines. 


After a decade spent working alongside the most demanding athletes, X-1 arrived at the perfect fit solution, offering 6 styles of headphones and up to 8 ear tip sizes to ensure that products are comfortable and fit securely during rigorous activity.

Function and Fit

X-1 touts that the Momentum Ultra Lights provide:
  • Ability to Give or Answer a Siri Command
  • Phone Controls
  • Music, Audio Books & Video Controls
  • Sweatproof + Rinsable - PX Rating - IP4
  • Secure Fit for Athletes
The earbuds come with 8 different interchangeable ear tips, so you are bound to find one that fits snugly in your ear. One size does not fit all and the Momentum Ultra-Lights know that and accomodates perfectly.


After a couple of weeks of runs, spin rides and strength sessions, they still work - and perfectly at that. The sound is just as good as day one and there is no distortion from sweat/moisture. 

I've thrown them around, jostled them into a ball in my gym bag and with the unique braided style of cord, it's super simple to untangle. 



The Momentum Ultra-Lights are so small and compact that the instant they are in your ear, you immediately forget that they are even in there. The fit snug into your ear canal, easily filtering out any background noise.

Final thoughts


When ace and friends was approached by X-1, I'd be lying if I didn't disclose that I gave and eye roll and thought, “yeah, okay, another earbud claiming to not slide out at the first sign of sweat”.

Admittedly, it took several weeks of runs to finally jostle the Momentum Ultra-Light out of my ear and it was few second quick fix to put them immediately back in and remain there for the rest of my workout. These earbuds are by far the most comfortable pair I've owned and have now become my all-time favorite. 

The sound is phenomenal and they function perfectly, even after a sweaty workout. Although they are a bit more expensive than your average headphones, the reward is certainly worth the investment.



X-1 Momentum Ultra Light Sport Headphones - A+.

************************************************************
Buy It

Purchase X-1 Momentum Ultra Light
Sport Headphones {$49.99}



************************************************************


[Product review & giveaway disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." See ace and friends Disclosure Policy HERE.] Pin It

No comments: