so... i saw this top ten list in this month's parenting magazine... and it totally cracked me up. so of course, i wanted to share it with all of you. here it goes... enjoy.
top ten reasons fall is FABULOUS*!
1. Hello? do we need to say it? School.
2. Fall clothes come in the same colors as your kids' food stains - chocolate brown, fruit-punch red, and mac-and-cheese orange. Way to save on colorsafe bleach!
3. You get to carve jack-o'-lanterns - the only time seeing a snaggletoothed smile in your home doesn't make you fear an $8500 orthodontist bill.
4. The thrill of new crayons.
5. It gets dark earlier. It's easier to get he kids to bed earlier. You get to go to bed earlier!
6. Nothing smells better than a kid who's just jumped in a leaf pile.
7. All your favorite shows are finally back! Come on, don't you want to know if Will and Emma hook up for good on Glee?
8. Trick-or-treating, that blessed evening when sleep-deprived moms who look like zombies simply blend in with the crowd.
9. We're suckers for the sight of little kids in footy pajamas.
10. Hot cider. Hot cocoa. And for moms, a hot toddy. (yum!)
(*source: Charlotte Latvala, Parenting Magazine - Oct. 2010)Pin It